Damage Prevention Training for All Experience Levels at the Virtual MWDPTC
The Virtual Midwest Damage Prevention Training Conference is less than two weeks away! Register now to attend a full day of online training on November 5. View the full schedule and session details to plan your day at the 2020 Virtual MWDPTC. You must register for the conference before registering for individual speakers and sessions.
The VMWDPTC offers both general and in-depth damage prevention education, including the following:
Indiana Dig Law 101 (Perfect for the First-Time Attendee and Refresher Course for Industry Veterans)
The Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission, sole sponsor of the Virtual MWDPTC, and Baker Utility Partners will present the Indiana Dig Law 101 breakout session on November 5 at 10:45 a.m. EST. Attendees will learn:
- What the Indiana Dig Law (IC 8-1-26) is and the major areas it covers
- Practical, on-the-job guidance for excavating within the Indiana Dig Law
- Enforcement processes for the Indiana Dig Law, including mandatory training/fining structure
Ten Questions to Ask When Bidding Excavation Work (Ideal for More Experienced Attendees)
This session will offer a deeper look at the role of upfront design and pre-construction planning in producing safe excavation. This session, presented by Eric Swartley of UGI Utilities, will take place at 11:45 a.m. EST on November 5. Attendees will learn:
- Why design and pre-construction planning is critical in all excavation work
- How to make damage prevention part of your company’s bidding/RFP response process
- How to evaluate bids for excavation work with damage prevention in mind
Learn more about the sessions offered at the Virtual Midwest Damage Prevention Training Conference at www.midwest811conference.com.
We hope to see you on November 5,
The 2020 VMWDPTC Planning Team